This page lists out the prompts that can be used in the tenant for different purposes such as IVR’s prompts, playback prompts or MOHs.There is also one option to record the audio files and use it as a prompt in IVR/playback.
The page it is divided into two sections.
- Search – It is for searching the prompts by name, language and type. Language filter will be enabled only when the type id prompt.
- Prompt List – This section lists out the prompts that have been created till date.
Adding a prompt –
To add a new prompt, click on the ‘Add Prompt’ button above the grid. It will open a create form as shown below.
Name – Name of the prompt or MOH.
Prompt Type : To select whether the uploaded file will be used in prompts or MOH. If the type is ‘Prompt’, then the file will not be listed as an option for MOH, and same goes for MOH. There are two options to upload prompt i.e Prompt and MOH.
1 For MOH creation this field will display –
Name – Name of the MOH.
Upload File – Click on ‘Select File’, it will open a dialog box to upload your MOH file.
2 For prompt creation this field will display –
A) Upload File – Click on ‘Select File’, it will open a dialog box to upload your prompt
B) Recording – Record the audio files and use it as a prompt in IVR/playback.
Extension Number/External – If user selects option Record then user need to enter Extension Number/External Number based on the calling permissions.One submitting the form system will generate call to that number and below IVR will be played in the call.
When extension/External number get call this action will perform –
- Welcome Message
- Record prompt instructions
- BEEP tone
- Callee needs to record the prompt and to end recording he/she needs to press any key
- Once recording is finished, the system will give 3 options to callee
- Press 1 to listen to the recording (Once the file is played this same option will be played again.)
Press 2 to save the recording (System will save the recording and proceed to next step)
Press 3 to re-record (System will send call to 2nd step.)
- Save Recording
- Thank you message
- Once call is been initiated successfully then system will redirect user to prompt list page with message “Recording in Process.”
- Once prompt is been saved, it will be available in the page and user can use it in IVR/playback etc.
- When it is in “Recording in Process” phase, user will not be able to use that prompt at any other place.
- If external number is entered then all the rules/checks will be performed as a regular external calls. Billing will also be there.
- If there is any issue in initiating the call, appropriate message will be displayed.
- If callee is terminates the call without saving the prompt (Save prompt option) then system will not that recording.
- We have kept Maximum 10 mins recording restriction.
- Negative balance handling will not be applied for this calls.
- System will not keep track of numbers from where prompt is been saved.
Language – Select the language of the prompt.
Editing a prompt –
To edit the details of a particular prompt, click the little blue icon for that prompt in the grid. It will open an update form which is the same as create form. However, the name and language of a prompt cannot be edited.
Deleting a prompt –
To delete a particular prompt, click the little red icon for that prompt in the grid. It will delete the prompt.