This page lists out all the IVRs.
The page it is divided into two sections.
- Search – IVRs can be searched by name, extension and language.
- IVR List – This section lists out the IVRs that have been created till date.
Adding an IVR –
To add a new IVR, click on the ‘Add IVR’ button above the grid. It will open a create form as shown below.
Apart from the self-explanatory fields, the other fields are as follows-
- Welcome prompt – This prompt will be played first when a person enters the IVR.
- Repeat prompt – When a person is asked to enter a digit and he fails to do so within some time then the repeat prompt will be played, which will be the prompt same as before, asking for input from the caller.
- Invalid prompt – This prompt is played when the digits entered by the caller is invalid.
- Timeout Prompt – If there is no response from the caller within this time then the IVR asks for input The timeout would be in milliseconds.
- Exit prompt – This prompt is played when a caller exits the IVR.
- Language – This sets the language for the IVR.
- Digit Timeout(Sec) – Number of seconds during which caller needs to select IVR options after that Timeout prompt will be played.
- Inter-Digit Timeout(Sec) – If Direct Extension Call is enabled then number of seconds during which the caller needs to enter the Extension If caller fails to enter number during specified time duration then whatever number he has entered will be dialed.
- Max Timeout Try – If the caller fails to input anything in given Tries, then call will be forwarded as per Max Timeout Try i.e call can be forwarded to Ring-Group, Queue, IVR etc after specific duration of time. Note : If max timeout destination is set then call be forwarded to timeout destination on first timeout. It will not consider the number of timeout retries in this case but it will when timeout destination is not set.
- Max Invalid Try – Maximum number of invalid try, if caller enters invalid input after specified number of tries call will be forwarded as per the Invalid Destination i.e call can be forwarded to Ring-Group, Queue, IVR etc.Note : If max invalid destination is set then call be forwarded to invalid destination on first invalid try. It will not consider the number of invalid retries in this case but it will when invalid destination is not set.
- IVR DIGIT length – This is the length of the digits assigned for the menu options like for example “press 1 for option one , press 2 for option two , press 19 for option 19” , where 1, 2 , 19 are the IVR digits lenght.
Direct Extension Call – If the caller knows which extension it needs to call and doesn’t want to go through the IVR, then he can directly call that extension, if the ‘Direct Extension Call’ is enabled.
When an IVR is successfully added, the page will be redirected to it’s configuration page.
Editing and Configuring an IVR-
To configure an IVR, that is to assign each digit with its action, or to change it’s prompts, click on the blue edit button beside the name of that IVR in the grid, it will open a page as below to help in configuring the IVR.
IVR Tree – The tree on the leftmost side of the page lists out the IVR and the actions each digit is assigned to in the IVR. If there is a sub-menu attached to any digit, as described below, then click on that digit, it will open the settings for that sub-menu. The digit which will have a sub-menu will have a small folder icon besides it. Click on it to edit the sub-menu. If there is no sub-menu then the digit simply depicts what action it performs.
Settings for IVR –
The first part of this form is the same as create form for IVR. The prompts , max try , and timeout can be edited from here. IVR Name, Extension name and Language cannot be edited.
The section below that is for setting the actions for each digit.
- Select an action from the drop-down.
- Select the appropriate prompt for that action from the drop-down in ‘Value’ column.
The different actions that could be selected are as follows-
- No action – As the name suggests, it won’t perform any action.
- Conference extension – The call will be lined in the Conference that will be selected from the drop-down in ‘Value’ column.
- Dial By Name – The call will be lined for dialed by name feature.
- Extension – The call will be lined in the extension that will be selected from the drop-down in ‘Value’ column.
- External – The call will be forwarded to the External number.
- External with Wait message – The call will be forwarded to the External number with wait message is that wait prompt will be played before transferring the call.
- Intercom – The call will be forwarded to the particular number/Extension.
- Playback – To play a playback which will be selected in the drop-down in ‘Value’ column.
- Playback & hangup – To play a playback & hangup which will be selected in the drop-down in ‘Value’ column.
- Queue – The call will be lined in the queue that will be selected from the drop-down in ‘Value’ column.
- Ring group – The call will be lined in the Ring group that will be selected from the drop-down in ‘Value’ column.
- URI – The call will be forwarded to the particular number on that IP.
- Voicemail – The call will be forwarded to the selected extension number.
- Submenu- If submenu is selected, then a new submenu needs to be To create a new submenu, select ‘New’ in value.
It will give an option to create a new IVR submenu. Enter a new name and select IVR File from the available prompts. The language of submenu will be set the same as its farthest parent i.e. root.
This submenu setting can also be edited from the IVR tree as explained above. It will open a settings form for the submenu, the same way as it opens for the main IVR. Actions for each digit can be edited from there.
- IVR – To set an existing IVR as the action on that particular It could also be set in any submenu. Only the root IVRs which are listed on the main page, will be displayed as options.
- Previous Menu – This action is used for returning to the previous menu in the But it is only available when configuring a submenu. It is not available for the main IVR.
- Repeat – This action will repeat the current IVR again.
After the IVR is configured (the same applies while configuring submenus), click on ‘Save settings for..’ button to save these configurations.
Deleting an IVR –
To delete a particular IVR, click the little red icon for that queue in the grid. It will delete the IVR.